Your say on our next professional development event

cpe
pd

We’re reviewing the feedback for QUT Design Teachers Studio February 2018 as it comes in and naturally our thoughts turn to future workshops. We’d love to arrange another one to accommodate the many people who couldn’t attend our first.

We’d like your thoughts and suggestions on this.

Where

Where should be hold the next PD event? We’d like to cater to regional schools but what is the most central location for teachers outside SEQ?

Which cities are easiest for you to travel to for professional development events?

• Brisbane
  • Rockhampton
  • Mackay
  • Townsville
  • Cairns
  • Elsewhere

0 voters

When

Timing is a little tricky for us since two of the three organisers of the February studio will be overseas for extended periods this year (@Andrew_Scott Andrew for 3½ months, @Nick_Kelly for 6 months). That said, there are others who are interested in joining the team so perhaps we can work something out.

When should we hold another PD event?

• ASAP!
  • Anytime
  • between term 2 and 3
  • between term 3 and 4
  • November 2018
  • December 2018
  • January 2019
  • February 2019

0 voters

What

What should be addressed in future PD events. To a degree location will dictate the content that we can accommodate. For example, it’s unlikely that QUT lecturers will be able to present case studies at regional locations.

Who

Although the first Design Teachers Studio was organised and run by QUT staff we don’t have a monopoly on design knowledge. Other schools and universities are welcome and encouraged to use this forum to develop and promote PD events.

Please have your say!

The first Design Studio was excellent, more depth into each area would be great, yes this is a time issue, and a more in-depth examination of the design stages.

Well done to everyone involved.

Thanks for the feedback, Graham @gloga1. I think we were a little too ambitious and tried to fit too much into two short days. We’re still reviewing the feedback as it comes in—it’s quite varied and clearly people value different things— but that’s a discussion for another thread.

I’m curious though—how do people feel about the duration of workshop days? We were told that teachers generally prefer to finish the day around 3 to 3:30 pm. Would people accept longer event days, say finishing at 5 pm? We could get more done, cover more territory or in more depth.

Hi Andrew,
The model-making aspect of the new syllabus is new to us, so it will be excellent to have a session in your production studio where I can work with foam and plasticine etc.

I’d be interested in this too.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I’ll discuss it with the team.