University Design Exhibitions

inspiration
events

November is generally the season for university graduate shows and end-of-year exhibitions. All of the Brisbane universities with design courses hold exhibitions at this time of year. If you hear about upcoming exhibition please share it here.

Please share photos and thoughts of exhibitions you’ve attended for the benefit of teachers who aren’t able to attend.

You photos of work from QUT’s 2017 Design Festival online:

https://nowalls.qut.edu.au/kaleidoscope/design/

I’ll share news of the 2018 Design Festival when I’m able to.

Tip: Many of the photos show links to Instagram accounts for the School and also individual design staff. This might help you pick up some interesting accounts to follow for inspiration.

Details of the UQ Architecture show:

Thu. 29 November 2018
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm AEST
Zelman Cowen Building (51#) UQ St Lucia Campus
Saint Lucia, QLD 4067

Free tickets available via Eventbrite:

Here are the details for this year’s QUT design exhibition:

QUT 2018 Design Festival

13 Nov 2018
5:30pm - 9pm
Creative Industries Precinct, Kelvin Grove, Brisbane

Register for free tickets on this page (please note that the tickets for the Fashion show are not free):

https://createx.qut.edu.au/event/qut-design-festival-open-night/

You can find out lots more on the CreateX website.

School Bookings: Open House

If you go to the bottom of the CreateX page you’ll find this:

CreateX will run guided tours for high school groups throughout the festival. Reserve a booking for your class via EventBrite below.

I know the timing if not great for schools because you’re so busy with your own activities that week however we’d be very happy to run tours specifically for teachers if we get enough interest.

QUT Design Festival 2018
How can I run my class more like a design studio?
How can I run my class more like a design studio?

Here are the details for the Interior Design furniture exhibition. This is part of the Design Festival and CreateX (mentioned above) but opens earlier so it may be of interest.