QUT Tactile object remove

Thank you for the replies

These drawings are awesome! I love them! I wish my students could do this!

Mate, great job! Where are you sourcing your play-dough from?

Great work. Where can I find the Tactile Investigation DDR video?

Thanks, I got it from OfficeMax
Colorific Plasticine Modelling Clay 500g Yellow PRODUCT CODE: 1290150

I use yellow becuase it is a colour that doesn’t really represent anything they could be designing. Also, photoshop picks it up really well.

The DDR video was posted on this site :slight_smile: :

Hi Denigan,

Your students work looks great! Their presentation and communication is excellent.

I have not used Photoshop much for design work.

Could you please explain:
(1) what you use Photoshop for in your class
(2) what Photoshop tools you use/teach the students

Hi Chris
I don’t teach to much photoshop, I have a few students that use it for Art.
I personally use it to remove errors, create proposals or communication pages. How I do communication page is:

• scan sketches in (photocopier)
  • import to photoshop and use the wand tool or madnet selector to crop around sketch.
  • invert selection and then erase everything else.
  • repeat for all sketches/views required for communication page
  • insert all cropped iteams on to new A3 page and resize, arrange and layout in correct place.
    (Some times I change black line drawing to blue or red - I like it)
  • print out and then add back ground block : i sometime mask the block with take, so I don’t have to be too neat with the markers. My blacks tend to be a complimentary colour using a colour wheel or adobe colour online app.

The benefits of doing the above is that you can use pre-existing sketches. Or you can just trace them and render again or use PowerPoint and remove background tool.
Hope that gives some insight Chris

Very impressive work, Stuart @Denigan, both in terms of your work and that of the students. I can see we’ll have to lift our game at uni to offer them something new in First Year.

Stuart, I don’t recall ever sharing my DDR video (though I could be wrong).

I feel that the majority of the content created for my classes is not appropriate for public distribution, both in terms of polish, intended audience, and copyright. If it’s currently used in classes, as this one is, I feel it should be reserved for enrolled QUT students.

I’m happy to share older content that is no longer used or content created specifically for public consumption but I feel I have some obligation to the University in terms of copyright and priority.

I’d love to share more and will when I can. Sorry that the DDR content is not currently something I feel I can share.

Hi Andrew.
Sorry if I have done something wrong with my task. I assumed this space was for sharing and the content posted was usable or modified for use in schools.

You posted the video on this link - 5th video down - part of a DATTA workshop in Cairnes

No, you haven’t done anything wrong at all. I’d love to share all my stuff but I feel a bit constrained. If you still have access to the DDR video then go for it.

You’re absolutely welcome to use, adapt, enhance anything in my videos.

I wonder if I have my wires crossed. The ‘Teaching Design’ video is freely available. It shows some DDR examples and approaches, totally OK. I was thinking about a separate ‘DDR’ video that is part of my uni classes that, as far as I know, I haven’t shared publicly. (Maybe I did and forgot?)

Anyway, I please use any of my stuff and i’ll do what I can to make more stuff available in future.