Hi all, @Andrew_Scott and I have started working on an open source textbook to support this curriculum. This is something that has come out of discussions with the curriculum writing team and other teachers and it seems like it would be welcome.
I’m writing this post to gauge the sentiments of people on this forum - is an open source textbook something that you would want and that you would use? We’re hoping to get a critical mass of interest to help get some momentum behind it.
How we envisage the finished textbook
- The textbook will be free forever, and be released under a creative commons license.
- It will be released as both a PDF and an online version, where the online version will be more useful because it has links
- Our intention is to include contributions from this site in the textbook and to recognise all contributors as authors
It would be great to get some feedback on this project so that we know that it’s meeting a real need.
- Would you use a textbook for this subject if it was helpful? Do you want to see this project succeed?
- Are you happy for the best resources and ideas from this forum to be shared (with recognition of contribution) in this more formal way to supplement the forum?
- Is there anything in particular that you would like to see in the textbook?
- Any particular ideas that you have to improve the project?
Here’s our proposed cover to whet your appetite: