Design Projects

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone would be willing to share student work of a Design Project - either from unit 1 or 2. I’ve seen a few exams shared on this page but not projects. It would just be great to see what others are doing and how you’re marking to make sure I’m on the right track. I feel like I’m second guessing a little. Particularly worried my students aren’t doing Part C as well as they should be. I’ve attached just one student’s work. Am happy to share more but don’t have enough time right this second to removed identities.

Thanks for your feedback.

Joy

STUDENT A U1, I2 ISMG.docx (58.2 KB) STUDNET A U1, I2.pdf (2.7 MB)

1 Like

Hi Joy
I will attach a link to the Unit 2 project and attached the Unit 1 project I have done so far. I have some sample student responses too if that helps.

Unit 1 Design in practice Assessment 1 2018 v2.docx (122.9 KB)

Cheers
Brenda

2 Likes

Thanks Brenda. Sorry I wasn’t clear… I’m chasing (if possible) sample work that student have actually produced? I’m really keen to see what others seen students produce.

Hi Brenda,
I really like your checklist in this task sheet!
Kind regards,
Ben

Hi Joy
I read back through your original post and you are very clear…I didn’t read it properly!
Anyway, I have attached two responses for the Unit 1 project by students BM and IF. BM is better I think but both are quite good.
I hope this helps. Did you want to see some responses from the project for Unit 2 as well?

Cheers
Brenda
BM Unit 1.pdf (2.4 MB) IF Unit 1 response.pdf (1.9 MB)

Thanks Ben! I thought it would be helpful for the students but, in hindsight, I think some of the items need unpacking for the students before they could check it off to say it’s done. It made it clearer for me at the time anyway…

Cheers
Brenda

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing Brenda. Your students work looks great!

I’d love to see a commercial design response if you’d be happy to share. Mine are only due this coming week. How did you students go? What did you require of them?

Thanks again!

Joy

Hi Joy
I have included two high level (B) responses (in my opinion). I used an ISMG that I adapted so I could get used to using them. I needed to see what evidence from the students’ work goes towards each criterion. I still have other students’ work that will be better this week. I will upload them as soon as I can.

Cheers
Brenda
O V - Unit 2 Project blank name.pdf (1001.0 KB)
FC - Unit 2 project no name.pdf (973.1 KB)
O V - Unit 2 ISMG project.pdf (180.1 KB)

3 Likes

This is really interesting work. Well done and thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

These are great thanks Bren. How did your students enjoy the task?

Hi Joy
So the student report goes like this: ‘It was alright’ ‘yeah’ ‘I liked not having to interview someone’ ‘Containers for Change is kind of a boring subject but once we got into it, it was okay’ ‘all of it was okay, no bad bits’ :grin:

Cheers
Brenda

1 Like

That’s good feedback. Let me know if you want to see any of my Commercial Design options. They hand them in on Thursday.