Cooper-Hewitt Design Museum Resources

Hi all,

Just a small plug for the Cooper-Hewitt Design museum. They provide some very interesting case studies and resources through the Smithsonian Learning Lab. They have topics including empathy unit, human centered design unit 3 and general introduction to design. No account is needed but if you do sign up to the learning lab you can create your own resources using the complete digitized Cooper-Hewitt collection for free.

[https://learninglab.si.edu/profile/cooperhewitteducation]

Hi Herman,

I am currently working with Cooper Hewitt to update and build on these (2019 Cooper Hewitt Queensland Fellow). Additionally I am creating some learning lab resources specific for the Australian Design Curriculum. These will include activity resources, case studies, and tools for unit 3 and 4. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Sounds good. I am the 2018 fellow. I have been developing workshops and will present my first in three weeks to a regional audience in FNQ. The workshops were modeled after the Saturday Drop in Design workshops the Cooper-Hewitt provides on a Saturday. The first workshop is for teachers. I hope in Term 4 I can get a few weekend workshops with the cluster schools in my area.