Converting from ISMG to A-E

Hi all,

I’m just wondering how your schools are approaching the ISMG’s this year for Year 11? Are you using the ISMG and then converting results to a percentage or A-E? I noticed on here Zac’s conversion to a criteria based option. If you used something like that are you guys marking twice? Using the ISMG and the conversion criteria? Seems like a lot of double handling. I would love to get your thoughts!

Thank you

Joy Argow

1 Like

Hi Joy, we have spent some time trying to sort this out for reporting purposes. Have come up with an excel markbook which may help you. Just email me if you want a copy.

Cheers

That would be awesome Mark. Sorry I missed your response. My email is joya@highlands.qld.edu.au.

Thank you

Hi Mark,
Would you mind emailing me a copy as well. My email address is kathryn.w@jubileecc.qld.edu.au
Thanks,
Kathryn Williams
Design Teacher

Hi Mark,

Could you please send the excel markbook to me to. Thanks so much for sharing.
sarah.bailey@ccc.qld.edu.au

Regards
Sarah

I only used the A to E criteria for a mock assessment in term 1. The next assessment has both the ISMG and A-E to expose the year 11 to next years criteria… but I’ll only be using the A to E for this one also.

I just did a practice F-IA1 exam and had the students self-assess their assignment using the ISMG.

I went through it with the class as if I would be marking it. It was a very valuable exercise for them to recognise the marking terminology and how it related to their assessment. I then gave them back the practice exam to make it better after reviewing the ISMG.

I would have to say the students really appreciated the exercise and they now have more of an idea about how ISMG’s might work in other subjects.

Getting a conversion from ISMG’s to A-E is difficult and we have had a discussion with Roy Barnes. He has acknowledged the difficulty and is looking into it.

cheers
Michael

I’ve tabled the A to E descriptors for marking purposes. YR11_ISMG_to_STANDARDS_Exam.docx (14.2 KB) YR11_ISMG_to_STANDARDS_Proj.docx (14.0 KB)